This changing mat is a game-changer.
You really really don’t need to go and buy and expensive ‘baby changing bag’.
This mat was recommended to me by a friend before Mr Small was even born, but I had already purchased a nice baby changing holdall that had a mat inside. I didn’t think I needed to spend MORE money on another piece of kit.
Consequently I spend the first 10 months of Mr Small’s life fishing around in a cumbersome bag that I could never put down somewhere accessible in baby changing areas. I was always balancing it somewhere and trying to find things inside it, all the while holding onto an increasingly wriggly small person with the other hand.
It wasn’t until we were going on holiday and I thought it would be really useful to have something smaller that I could pop in a rucksack or day bag that I finally went and bought this folding changing mat from JoJo Maman Bebe.
I 100% wish I’d bought it right at the beginning!!!
- it’s really very compact and easy to pop in another bag or in the bottom of the pram
- it holds everything you need for nappy changing – wipes, a couple of spare nappies, nappy bags, cream, tissues…. All fit in here easily
- it’s just one small thing that you need to take with you to the baby changing areas
- you only need to have a changing table or floor space to put down the mat, not somewhere to balance another bag
- you always lay the baby down on the same side so you know that the other side is the one that’s been in contact with public surfaces
A bonus pro is that the storage pouches provide a level of ‘entertainment’ for curious little fingers and delay the onset of wriggling!
Don’t do what I did and go and get one sooner rather than later!
Some of the links in the above post may be ‘affiliate links’. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I personally use and believe will add value to my readers.