Life throws up surprises and twists and turns when you don’t expect it…… due to a variety of reasons – we are staying in the city! Things have worked out remarkably well and I’ll be returning to work after 14 months maternity leave. I’ll be doing 3 days a week plus a bit of keeping in touch when not in the office. With two weeks to go until my first day back I feel very mixed emotions….
- EXCITEMENT – that I’ll get that part of ‘me’ back
- WORRY – about the juggling, whether I’ve chosen the right nursery for Mr Small, about getting back up and running at work…
- HAPPINESS – that Mr Small will have lots of contact and interaction with other smalls
- TREPIDATION – about proving myself
- GUILT – about putting Mr Small into 3 relatively long days of care when he’s spent 90% of his first 14 months with me
- MOTIVATION – feeling inspired and looking forward to engaging my brain in a different way and hopefully making a difference
Overall it’s definitely the right decision but it’s going to take some adjustment and getting used to for all of us. For now, our ‘out of town’ fix is going to come from weekends escaping the city and we’re going to make the most of what we will still have on our doorstep.
Next up…. Choosing a nursery….